The mission of UHESA is to unify, train, educate, and cultivate higher education staff and their associations; to create a powerful voice for staff within the state of Utah; to instill a sense of pride in higher education staff; and to educate the citizens of Utah regarding the worth of higher education.
I. UHESA serves all staff in higher education and works together to:
- Unify higher education staff associations toward common goals.
- Provide representation and a powerful voice for staff in higher education in Utah.
- Offer a means through which staff may influence decisions that affect employment, compensation, benefits, retirement, work environment, and any other matter pertaining to the work environment.
- Improve relations of higher education staff with the Office of the Governor of the State of Utah, the Utah State Board of Regents, and Utah State Legislators.
- Train staff association leaders on ways to help strengthen their associations and institutions, as well as instill a sense of pride in staff.
- Present means of association and inter-communication among the staff within the Utah System of Higher Education.
- Educate and encourage staff of the USHE institutions to become involved in the political process.
- Promote the worth of higher education in the state of Utah.